February 7, 2021
Leave a comment
Making your goals realistic is KEY for success. Make sure the goal is unique to you!
Realistic goals must be:
- The goal must be related to you and your lifestyle. It must be YOUR goal and not someone else’s.
- Make it fun! Reward yourself when you hit a personal record or crushed a short term goal. Again, this does NOT mean sabotage your diet plan and binge eat on processed food and sugar. Think of something other than food. Buy a new pair of clothes or get something that promotes positive activity towards your goal!
- Your goal must have room for improvement and maintenance.
- You must make your goal realistic to you! Make it challenging on yourself and aim high all while making sure it is “attainable!”
Lets say your goal is to lose 50 pounds, lifting 5 times per week, in 3 months. If you haven’t lifted weights before this might be too challenging for you. Lifting 2-3 times per week, while learning proper form, and losing weight at a moderate pace is more suitable for you.
- Make sure you have the resources you need in order to reach your goal are available and ready. Have the groceries purchased ahead of time, have the needed equipment for the gym, or meal prep according to your schedule.
Your goal has to be an objective you are willing and able to work for. Finding an objective you are extremely passionate about and putting it into a S.M.A.R.T goal, merely makes any plan bulletproof.
Thanks! Check out the next article to put your realistic goal into a time-based goal!